Fusion Dinner - 12th June

I've always been fascinated by food from all around the world hence the idea of my next supper. I was once invited to dinner by a friend from Venezuela who said they were going to cook me an authentic Venezuelan meal, something called Arepas! Imagine my shock and utter delight when the said dish arrived on the table only to find it was actually something I'd grown up with but cooked with a lot more imagination?!

Of course I had to feature Arepas on my fusion night for it is a true portrayal of what fusion is all about. Who could have imagined South America having a cuisine in common with Africa! The other dishes have been simply picked for their deliciousness. Exploring cuisines from around the world is my quest for this blog and sharing it with you all will be my utter pleasure.

THE MENU

Appetiser:- (South America - Africa)
Meat & Cheese Arepas
 Fried corn pancakes filled with fried beef and served with a tomato and onion salsa and cheese. This is a  South American specialty and it's simplicity contrasts delightfully with the burst of flavours!

Starter:- (Italy)
Rotolo of spinach, squash & ricotta
 Home made egg pasta sheets filled with roasted squash, spinach and ricotta with fennel and chillies. The hot chillies, the sweet squash and sour taste of ricotta all combine to play tingling games with one's tongue!

Main Course:- (India)
Parsee-style Hot and Sweet Chicken with apricots.


Chicken cooked in cardamom, ginger, garlic, cumin, apricots and chilies and served with basmati rice and chapatti.

Dessert:-(Latin America)
Churros served with a choice of either a dark chocolate sauce or white chocolate and yoghurt sauce

Comments

Popular Posts