Food glorious food - Saturday 26th June


Why did I ever start themed dinners! Running out of themes now so this night is all about the gloriousness of food and I hope the menu does this justice! The menu is out to challenge "popular" belief and I guess in a way that is what we call "fusion"?
Appetiser:-
Prawn Satay:

The Prawns are coated with a prawn puree and home made curry paste (turmeric, star anise, cardamom, cloves, cumin, mace, fenugreek and coriander seeds, dry fried and pounded to make the paste). They are then shallow fried and finished off in the oven. These served with a home made sweet and sour sauce makes the mouth water even as I'm typing this!

Starter:-
A Salad of Scallops with Hazelnuts and Apples:











The Scallops are marinated overnight in hazelnut oil, shallots, garlic, thyme, bay leaf and blanched lemon rind. They are then quickly cooked over a high heat for 2 minutes on each side and served with green leaf salad mixed with shredded apples and a hazelnut veinaigrette and garnished with whole roasted hazelnuts. The softness of the scallops contrasts beautifully with the crunchiness of the hazelnuts to make this dish quite unique.

Main Course:
Roast Beef with Mushroom sauce served with green beans and mashed potatoes

 
This recipe is actually Danish, in honour of the wonderful guests I had last week at my fusion night who brought me some books as they felt I'd left out Denmark from my food journey, here is to you Ib and co! The beef is coated with yoghurt and mustard and cooked in the oven. The mushroom sauce is utter decadence and for purely that reason alone, I won't share the secrets! :-)

Dessert:
Raspberry cheesecake brownie











Yes, it's not a typo but I will be making brownie cheesecake! It is what it says on the tin is pure, utter glorious indulgence!

Can't wait to share all these with you and I promise all pictures will follow soon. As usual it's a BYO and a minimum contribution of £30.

Comments

Popular Posts